Saturday, December 22, 2007

My pal Lobie


Merry Christmas from Lobie and me!

My dear German Shepherd is ready for Christmas with his log cabin doggie house showing some spirit! This is the kindest most sensitive dog ever! He comes to me as if he is telling me he is here for me, no worries! He helps me walk and pulls me if I need help! This is one special guy and I rely on him greatly. I am alone alot here on the mountain and we (Lobie & I) have lenghty conversations! He knows what I am talking about most of the time! You may think this is really silly, but I swear this dog just knows and listens, and tilts his head and takes it all in!

We call him King of the Mountain! He covers so much ground in a short time. He has hundreds of acres to run after every possible critter that he can see, smell or hear! This morning we had a beautiful Bobcat visitor that quickly was challenged by Lobie and hid in the boulders until I dragged Lobie back inside! The cat must have gone off, back to his safety zone. Doubt he'll be back anytime soon!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend! Deb

23 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Lobie looks and sounds like a sweetheart of a dog! I am an animal lover as well, so I can relate to the love you have for your furry friend!! So glad you have him! Hugs!!

Shannon McGann said...

What a sweetie! Merry Christmas, Deb!

Just me said...

What a wonderful animal. He is a true blessing. I hope you have a blessed Christmas.

Karin said...

Great dog!!!Merry Christmas!
Hugs from Karin

Rick said...

Merry Christmas to you and Lobie too - good looking dog.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

Misty said...

Awwww, what a sweetie. Have a wonderful Christmas!
Misty

Daniela Dobson said...

Hi is adorable. Glad you have someone to keep you company. I miss my dog.

Alhambra Club said...

He look so content. Have a wonderful Christmas

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Oh Deb, what a sweetheart! Lobie is absolutely gorgeous! I can tell that he's a good listener! Merry Christmas!!

Teresa said...

Merry Christmas!

Sandy said...

Awwww Lobie looks so sweet and festive! I used to have a german shepherd too, I just loved that dog!!
By the way---I tagged you! Merry Christmas, my friend!
tag

Sandy said...

Awwww Lobie looks so sweet and festive! I used to have a german shepherd too, I just loved that dog!!
By the way---I tagged you! Merry Christmas, my friend!
tag

Fe-Fe said...

Love Lobie's festive home. He sounds like a very special dog.

Wishing you both a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Hugs Fe x

Tracy.H said...

What a sweetie! Hope you, Lobie and the rest of the family have a wonderful Christmas! :0)

April Hall said...

What a SWEETHEART! I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Samm said...

Merry Christmas to Lobie and his mummy!!!! have a wonderful day!!!

Samm
x

Marlou McAlees said...

He is a Gem deb!!! he is so hugable!!! I love dogs so much myself and they truly are a blessing in life, Merry Christmas xxx

Dawn Wheeler said...

AArrr he is so cute ,what a lovely dogxxx Dawnx

Heidi Blankenship said...

Awwww what a wonderful picture!! He looks like a sweetie!! TFS! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!
Smiles!
Heidi

Ila said...

Oh My!! Lobie is such a Sweetie!! ...he looks as gentle as a lamb. I love this wonderful festive pic you took of him. Thanks for sharing and I hope you had a Merry Christmas...wishing you all the best in the New Year!!

Lynn said...

Awwww...he looks so sweet!

Little C's Creations said...

Awwww... Lobie sounds like a great family member. Especially since he doesn't talk back, huh?! He's so lucky to have a pal like YOU!!! You're sweet too, and deserve him just as well.

Have a wonderful New Year, Deb!!!

Love n' Aloha from Hawaii,
Jen

Chris Simon said...

What a beautiful dog! It sure is nice to have a pet to talk to instead of talking to yourself, isn't it? Sounds like he takes great care of you.