Friday, December 14, 2007

Merry Christmas


Merry Friday stampers, scrappers and crafters!

I made this card for my dear niece Katie, and her new hubby Andrew, they live in Austin, Texas. Talk about a cool place to visit! When they got married back in April, I had a chance to explore just a wee bit of Austin. Great food, colorful fun hip people, and music everywhere! Great for the 20's-30's crowd, although I am in the mid 50's crowd and had a blast! They just adore living in Austin!

Another rough health week, sorry for no posts since Tuesday, I am trying gals! I am behind on my google reader and trying daily to catch up! Please hang in there with me! I certainly appreciate you all so very much!

In any event, I have the Christmas spirit going on, and I even put a nice garland over my doggies door way into his custom hand made (by DH) dog house! I will get pic soon and share how cute he looks in there! He will of course have his big red bow on Christmas Day! He will be slurping the grand babies with tons of lovings! I think my 3 year old GD is now big enough he won't knock her over accidentally! He is quite the gentle giant with the kiddies, just huge!
This weekend hubby and I will seek out the perfect Noble Fur and bring the pine aroma into our home. That certainly does complete the feeling in the home with all the gifts underneath. I enjoy seeing that image, as the presents get opened so quickly on the big day! I have been making (of course) my little gift tags, it does make it so personal and special I think. So at little wrapping each day, and rest for me. Those babies are going to wear my hearth out with joy! (wink)!
The card stock base is Corduroy by Paper Co. Always artichoke by SU and the PP is Poinsettia Swirls by Sandylion. The sentiment stamp (Merry Christmas) is Flourishes. The wide satin ribbon is by the yard from M's.

Have a great evening and weekend! Thanks for your visits! Deb


23 comments:

Just me said...

Feel better soon. I love this card. I also love the fact the dog becomes part of the Christmas decorations:)

Rita said...

I luv that card Deb! I saw that beautiful paper at Michael's the other day but am sorry to say I did not get it & now that I saw it on your card I wish I would have bought it that day...it's beautiful! Take it slow & it will all come together for you. But better to take care of yourself first so that your family can enjoy you over the holidays. Go slow girl! Wish I had the palm tree weather here instead of all this snow.

Sandy said...

Love your card, Deb! It's just luscious and elegant.

I used to have a shepherd too---gentle as anything! She just loved kids. I have a golden now and she adores kids too, loves to sit ON them on the sofa and lick them til they pee their pants from too much giggling! :)

Hope you get feeling better...take it easy, it's more important to be healthy than to have all the trappings ready for Christmas! :)

Keri Lee Sereika said...

This is beautiful Deb! The colors are so well matched and blended!

Erin... said...

Pretty card!!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful!! Love the gold BG and the big bow!! So gorgeous! TFS! :)

Heather said...

Your card is absolutely stunning!

Anonymous said...

Sooooo beautiful!! I love that ribbon!

Allison Rankin said...

Great card...I have that DP so I sense a CASE coming on!

Alhambra Club said...

this card is fantstic, love the ribbon, know what you mean about the mid 50's crowd. Hope your are feeling better soon, do't push it

Katie Skiff said...

That is a very pretty card Deb!!


Hope you are feeling better soon!

Michelle said...

That ribbon is AMAZING! You almost need nothing else on the card.

I hope you get better quickly.

Daniela Dobson said...

This card is beautiful.
I hope you feel better soon. Take care.

Rose Ann said...

((((Deb)))) your card is so elegant and beautiful!! I hope you are feeling better soon! Love, hugs and prayers!!

Debbie said...

Beautiful card and Ilove the papers. Hope you're feeling better soon. :)

Debbie x

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Love that ribbon on the card! Take care of yourself! Can't wait to see a pic of your dog!

Sharon said...

A very elegant card. Take it easy and enjoy the next few weeks!

Ila said...

Gorgeous card Deb!! love that paper
and ribbon...so elegant. Hope your feeling better soon ....Take care!!!..Ila

Dawn♥ said...

Hope you get to feeling better and soon rather than later! Lovely Christmas card!

Unknown said...

This card is beautiful.
I love Austin, there is something for everyone there.

April Hall said...

This came out great! That ribbon makes it just GORGEOUS!

Debbie Olson said...

What an elegant card! That ribbon is perfect and luscious!

Vicki G said...

Wow! This is So pretty@@@@