Friday, June 13, 2008

AFSS 21 All Boxed Up Water Melons


Happy Friday stampers, scrappers & crafters!
I finally have something to share with you! It's about time! I have never made these
purse's/totes before, so I figured it was high time I challenged myself! Allison's challenge this week prompted me to get on it! I had already begun a water melon card, then when I saw Allison's challenge, my little noggin' got to thinking!
I've seen so many of the fabulous SU! gals making these wonderful bags, purses and boxes, just easy as pie for those rocking gals! So I figured what the heck I am going for it! Worse thing that can happen is I trash it and start over right? I had already made a watermelon card that I was about to post, then I starting thinking I should just cut it in half and make one of these darling purses!
I remembered I had a watermelon die for my Big Shot, so I used it to secure my brads to the strips that became my handles. That worked out well, whew!
Thanks to Allison for having this challenge, or I would have never tried this project!
I did need to try something outside the box, at least for me it was! He he! Okay, Allison, so where is your white on white card? You go girl! (laugh)!
Thanks to the great tutorial on Angie's blog Chic n' Scratch, I think I watched the video 10 times!
Thanks for stopping by and visiting today! On to Beate's sketch for the weekend!

White on white challenge ending Sunday!
The entries thus far have been so lovely! Good luck to all of you! Thanks for playing along!
Deb

22 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh what fun, so cute.

Rita said...

Oh my gosh Deb!!! This is awesome, you did a fabulous job girl! I luv it, it's adorable!

Daniela Dobson said...

Oh, wow, I am so glad I ckecked my google reader before I put an end to my long day.I adore that paper. This is adorable, I will have to go and check the tutorial. I totally forgot about the white on white challenge. I will have to work on it tomorrow.
Have a great weekend.

Allison Rankin said...

Oh my Deborah...how cool is this? You need to make a watermelon template...I am sure everybody will want one for their own! And those matching cards just rock! You have to be the superstar of the week!

Heather said...

Those are the cutest melons I've ever seen! :o)

Tracy.H said...

Wow!! This is just so cute. Love it! :0)

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Deb, this is so cute!!

Rose Ann said...

Oh my goodness, Deb!! This is just darling!! You've been busy, and I love what you've done!! Hugs!!

Alex said...

Oh my, Deb, I LOVE this - and I want to make one!!! So, can I have the directions pretty pretty please??? This is so stinkin' adorable, I just think this would make a great gift!!!!

I am still working on my white on white - sheesh, this has been hard for me, LOL! Hoping to get it loaded first thing in the morning! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh...they are darling!!!

Diane said...

Oh Deb,that turned out beautiful!!!
Love it,and it looks so yummy too!!
Hope you are having a great weekend!

Shannon McGann said...

These are so cute! I love them!

Deanne Clarke said...

That is gorgeous!!! I love your blog. I don't post often enough to tell you, but I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell you!! You have such wonderful ideas!!!!

Fe-Fe said...

These are so much fun. Love 'em!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This is ADORABLE! Wow!

Alhambra Club said...

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, your purse and cards are fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Mom so cute!

tyrymom29 said...

OMG , I love this Way tooo cute !!!

Soguesswhat11 said...

oh my GOSH, those are sooooo cute!!! What an excellent job!!

Little C's Creations said...

Too Cute, Deb. Love all them watermelons. You did a great job on this challenge!!

Aloha,
Jen

Elaine said...

These are just too cute! Love 'em!

Anonymous said...

This is so fun and creative! Love the watermelon!